Sess was born in Cairo of French parents. He joined Woodbridge & Sons in Uxbridge, where he qualified as a solicitor. He became a Partner in the firm in 1981. Sess was responsible for the firm’s growth and development in the non-contentious fields of law, building up an extensive portfolio of clients.
He became the senior partner of Turbervilles on the formation of the current practice in 1998.
He now leads the firm’s Corporate and Commercial Department, which specialises in company law matters, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and commercial contracts. Sess is frequently consulted and reports at board level on key and substantial corporate and commercial matters. He also undertakes “project management” reporting at CEO and MD level. He not only offers many years of experience, but also incisive negotiating skills backed by innovative lateral thinking, with an ability to drive things forward to given deadlines.
Sess’s personal interests are his family (he is married with two grown-up children), rugby, martial arts, cooking, and good wine.
Business transactions, value creation, preservation and protection
- Corporate restructuring
- Contracts and Terms and Conditions of trade
- Finance, funding and commercial credit
- Copyright, trademark, patent and royalty agreements
- Franchising, Agency and Distribution agreements
- Partnerships Agreements
- Joint Venture agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Management Buy-out and Buy-ins, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Shareholders agreements
- Commercial exploitation of Intellectual Property Rights
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Mineral extraction, infilling and energy generation leases.
- Data Protection
Also as our Senior Partner, Sess is Head of our Corporate and Commercial Division. Sess has many years experience in Company and Commercial Law involving high value deals and complex negotiations. A few of the industry sectors and work Sess has been involved in recently are listed below.
- Aviation – Advising on a Shareholders Agreement to regularise the relationship between UK and German Shareholders.
- Computing – Advising on IT and Telephony Agreements as well as Service Level Agreements.
- Construction – Advising on corporate and employment issues arising from a Shareholders dispute
- Construction – MBI/MBO .Advising on the group restructure including an inter-company share purchase; financial assistance; introduction of preference shares and other classes of shares; and loan notes arrangements and shares.
- Cosmetics – advising on acquisition of shares in group companies involving investors and new management team.
- Design and Construction – Advising a brand and market leader on a corporate restructuring and shareholders agreements.
- Energy– Advising and settling commercial terms for electricity generation from waste infill.
- Engineering – MBO – buyout of retiring majority shareholders through investment vehicle.
- Financial Services – advising on the conversion from a Partnership to a LLP, and settling LLP agreement with detailed exit and buy out provisions for its members.
- Financial Services – advising on the merger of two established Independent Financial Advisors including a Shareholders Agreement, Transfer Agreements, and a buy out.
- Financial Services – Advising a Franchisee on entering into a franchise agreement for the provision of financial services.
- Financial Services – Advising on a Shareholders Agreement for shareholders following the merger of two established Independent Financial Advisors
- Food Sector – Corporate restructuring. Advising share reorganisation and succession management.
- Food Sector – Advising on a Shareholders Agreement to regularise the position after the allotment of alphabet shares.
- Food (import and export) Sector – Commercial Contracts – Advising on Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme for its employees.
- Gambling – Advising on website terms and conditions for property prize draw.
- Health – Advising NHS Trusts in respect of lettings to telecommunication licensed operators.
- Healthcare – Advising on international distribution and agency agreements.
- Healthcare – Advising international royalty agreements including: license agreements; distribution agreements; and sub-distribution agreements in respect of patented products.
- Healthcare – Copyright, trademark, patent and royalty agreements. Advising on ownership and licensing of bespoke medical products.
- Hotels and Leisure – Advising a hotelier on the outsourcing of its cleaning and maintenance contracts.
- Industrial Sector – advising on a share structure and post completion obligations following part disposal of business.
- Leisure – Advising a website company offering luxury holidays in the UK in settling terms and conditions for both customers and those offering their properties for rent.
- Leisure and Gambling – Advising an internet based games-competition website on terms and conditions.
- Logistics – advising an international logistics company on Data Protection Act and the Safe Harbour Framework to provide policies for both employees and customers in both Europe and America.
- Manufacturing – Finance, funding and commercial credit. Advising on procurement of syndicated funding of circa. £32m including asset finance of circa £12.5m.
- Manufacturing Sector – Joint Venture agreements. Advising a manufacturer and supplier of medical equipment on a Joint Venture Agreement for the provision of supplies from the Far East for UK distribution.
- Media – Advising on website hosting and the provision of turnkey agreements involving a top Premier League football club.
- Media – Advising on website hosting and the provision of turnkey agreements involving a leading food manufacturer.
- Media – Advising on Hosting and Library services involving 2 major film distributors.
- Media – Advising on the sale of a leading film production and distribution company.
- Medical – Franchising, Agency and Distribution agreements. Advising on commercial agency agreement and exit strategy having regard to compensation under the Commercial Agents Regulation 1993.
- Property – Advising specialist property investors on an LLP structure and LLP agreement to regulate the rights and interests of numerous members.
- Property – Maintenance and Management. Advising on the buyout of the deceased’s partners share in the partnership.
- Property – Advising property investors with an international property portfolio on a partnership agreement.
- Property – Advising a substantial estate management company on outsourcing agreements including tendering, drafting and negotiating contracts for security and maintenance services.
- Publishing– Advising on the sale of a UK based publisher of historical documents and maps.
- Telecoms – advising on acquisition of strategic business for expanding telecoms company.
- Telecoms – MBI – expansion through internal investment and stakeholder groupings
- Textiles Wholesale – Business Terms and Conditions – advising on terms and conditions for on-line sales of standard and bespoke goods.
- Waste Disposal – Mergers and Acquisitions. Advising on the sale of a waste transfer station.
You and your firm are the best I’ve encountered and I’ve encountered a few law firms
Sess is head of the corporate and commercial department. He has vast experience of advising businesses of all types and sizes. Find out more about Sess in this video.