An excellent knowledge of mobile homes law with a practical grasp of the commercial reality for both site owners and occupiers
John is a Partner and Head of Turbervilles’ Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. He qualified as a solicitor in 1993 after graduating from Southampton University and joined Turbervilles in March 2000, becoming a partner in 2001.
He specialises in all aspects of commercial litigation, including general contractual disputes, commercial landlord and tenant matters, intellectual property claims, and disputes involving residential park homes, where he is regarded as one of the country’s leading authorities.
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial disputes
- Residential Park and Holiday Home Law
- Property Litigation
- Over 20 years’ experience in commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
- Acts as retained national legal advisor to the National Caravan Council, working closely with the industry in relation to current and future legislative changes.
- Advises a number of the leading national park operators in relation to both contentious and non-contentious business.
- Appears regularly as an advocate in the County Court and the First Tier Tribunal (formerly the Residential Property Tribunal).
- Has achieved successful and cost-effective outcomes for clients in numerous commercial mediations.
- Regularly delivers seminars and presentations to the holiday and residential parks industry.
Constantly looks for realistic commercial solutions … achieving objectives quickly & economically
What clients say about John
John combines an excellent knowledge of mobile homes law with a practical grasp of the commercial reality for both site owners and occupiers. His case preparation is meticulous and his enthusiasm contagious – a quality litigator.Leslie Blohm Q.C.
Barrister at St John’s Chambers, Bristol
I have worked with John in advising clients within the caravan industry and have found him to be extremely knowledgeable within his sphere of expertise, not only in providing advice within the Park Home sector but also within the holiday sector as well.David Gale-Hasleham
Savills (UK) Ltd
John advised us on a dispute with an ex-landlord who was (as a large company) attempting to bully us into submission. His knowledge and pragmatic approach enabled us to come to a good result – and not just a win for the lawyers! I would recommend him for any commercial litigation work, and will use him again if needed.Gordon Brown
Company Founder, Entrepreneur and business leader
“We have used John for all of our company’s legal needs for some years now. Without fail he has proved knowledgeable, helpful and often provided very cost-effective solutions to the issues we have faced.”Ian Turner
Director, GLS Lighting
John is head of litigation. As he explains in this video, he has wide ranging commercial litigation and dispute resolution experience and adopts a practical, commercial approach to helping clients resolve disputes on best terms.