- Technology giants face European 'digital tax' blow https://t.co/rlt9fJv0gP #EU #Facebook #Amazon
- Investors sue Facebook following data harvesting scandal https://t.co/4hB11AGJx9 #Facebook #dataprotection
- Companies stall on revealing gender pay gap as deadline looms https://t.co/aPwCwMB18V #genderpaygap #HR #HRPolicies #employmentlaw
Park and Holiday Home Legal Expertise
One of the niche areas covered by our team is the law relating to holiday and residential park homes.
This is a highly specialist field of law covered by only a handful of solicitors in the country. We act as national legal advisor to the National Caravan Council as well as representing numerous residential and holiday park owners, and we provide advice on all aspects of this difficult area. We have extensive experience of appearing before the Court and First Tier Tribunal, and our lawyers have been involved in a number of the leading cases in this area of the law.
It is now more important than ever for those involved in the residential park sector to seek specialist legal advice. In recent years Parliament has introduced many changes to the law, including new Implied Terms, as well as transferring most of the responsibilities of the Court to the First Tier Tribunal. The new Mobile Homes Act, which gives further rights to residents, came into force on 26 March 2013 – please see our free Guide to the new Act, which you can download from here
It is vital that park owners keep up to date with the ever-changing law in this area to ensure that you do not inadvertently fall foul of the law, which could potentially result in an expensive claim being made against you to the Court or Tribunal. This is where Turbervilles’ specialist lawyers can help.
The areas covered by our team are as follows:
- Disputes between park owners and residents
- Pitch fee determinations
- Drafting and reviewing written statements
- Drafting and reviewing park rules
- Site licensing issues
- Park acquisitions and disposals
The National Caravan Council has prepared a number of Codes of Practice for the holiday caravan industry, which can be downloaded here.